[ Models | Lore | Sources | Inspiration ]
Each Daemonic Presence also has an associated Daemonic
Phenomenon. See Table 12-8: Daemonic Phenomena
on page 357 of the Dark Heresy Core Rulebook for
some sample Daemonic Phenomena that Daemons share
with Daemonhosts. Below are some sample Daemonic
Phenomena based on a Daemon's Allegiance:
In a Daemon of Khorne's presence...
- ...peoples' blood feels warm and thick in their veins.
- ...old wounds and scars begin to itch.
- ...all those nearby notice that their peripheral vision slowly begins to shade crimson.
- ...bladed weapons start to quiver.
In a Daemon of Nurgle's presence...
- ...an oppressive stench of certain death and foul decay fills the area.
- ...people constantly feel as if they're on the verge of uncontrollable laughter.
- ...memories of dead loved ones come unbidden to people's thoughts.
- ...people feel a gripping and urgent sense of nausea.
In a Daemon of Slaanesh's presence...
- ...shivers of alternating pleasure and pain judder up and down people's spines.
- ...colours seem to bleed together, and moving objects and people appear to have faint contrails.
- ...the smell of stale perfume fills the air.
- ...people feel the sensation that someone behind them is lightly caressing their skin (even through armour).
In a Daemon of Tzeentch's presence...
- ...extremely brief glimpses of tragic possible futures flash before people's eyes.
- ...clocks, personal chronos, and other timekeeping devices stop or run backwards.
- ...walls appear to shift and meet at impossible angles.
- ...people begin to obsessively find patterns in otherwise innocuous shapes or groups of objects, believing that they have hidden meanings or messages.